MCQ on Solar System + Universe> GK
Solar System + Universe> Geography MCQ: A set of important 20 multiple choice questions with answers chosen for various types of govt job exams in India like IAS UPSC SSC, CGL, MTS IAS UPSC Railway, and others competitive examinations.
The universe is space where all the planets, Stars, Galaxies, comets Black holes etc are found. A universe contains approximately 10^13 number of galaxies. Here are some important objective types of General knowledge for your upcoming exams.
Just click on the black box to view answers of each MCQs of our Solar System and Universe
1. Largest Planet of the Inner Planets of the Solar system is –
2. Of which planet Did Galileo discover 4 moons in 1660?
3. Match the following –
i. Largest Planet a. Mercury
ii. Brightest planet b. Jupiter
iii. Densest Planet c. Earth
iv. Smallest planet d. Venus
. . i—ii—iii—iv
4. The exact time taken by the earth to rotate one of its own axis is –
A: 24 hours
B: 23 hours 51 minutes
C: 23 hours 48 minutes 46 seconds
D: 23 hours 56 minutes 4 seconds
23 hours 56 minutes 4 seconds.
5. What is the black hole?
[CDS 1999, 2001]
A: Star that has no atmosphere
B: Star with high temperature
C: Contracted Star that has a high gravitational pull.
D: Pulsating star
Contracted star that has a high gravitational pull.
6. What is a great bear?
C: Neutron Star
7. What type of orbit planets have while revolving around the sun?
A: Parabolic and Hyperbolic
B: Circular and Parabolic
C: Elliptical and circular
D: Elliptical and Hyperbolic
Elliptical and Circular
8. What is the color of lunar sky during day time from moon?
9. What is the distance between Earth and Sun?
A: 149 million
B: 136 million
C: 159 million
D: 196 million
10. The Brightest star in the sky observed from earth is –
B: Alfa Centauri
B: Proxima Centauri
11. Sun Spots are –
A: The opposite surface of moon where no light reaches.
B: Dark patches of sun surface where the temperature falls below 4050 K.
C: Black spot on moon
D: Polar region of Sun
12. Why pole star always was seen at the one point in the sky?
A: pole star rotates with the same period of the Earth
B: pole star has opposite to the sun from the earth
C: This is one another star from our galaxy.
D: pole star lies in the axis of spin of the earth
13. Parsec is a unit of –
A: Measurement of density of a star
B: Astronomical unit of Distance
C: Brightness of Star
D: unit of magnetic moment
Astronomical unit of Distance
14. What idea do we get from the light coming from stars?
A: Density of Stars
B: Temperature of Stars
C: Mass of the Stars
D: Size of the stars
Temperature of Stars
15. The time period of sun revolve around the galaxy is known as –
B: Astronomical year
C: Cosmic Year
16. What is a supernova?
A: A dying star
B: A wormhole
C: A special type of comet
D: A bright asteroid of size equal to sun
A dying star
17. Why the same side of the moon always faces the Earth?
A: Moon rotates its own axis in 365 days
B: period of rotation of the moon on its axis and period of revolution around the earth is almost the same.
C: Moon has no atmosphere
D: Moon rotates around earth in 15 days.
18. Laws of planetary motion discovered by –
[Asst Comm 2008]
19. Twelve constellations or Zodiac are referred to which of the following –
A: A group of stars
B: All planet of solar system
C: It is the symbol of Roman God
D: None of these
A group of stars
20. What is the evidence that comets are a member of our solar system?
A: Their properties of compositions
B: Their Shape and size
C: Their shape of the orbit
D: Their structure of tails
Their shape of the orbits.
Search terms: Quiz from solar system and universe, MCQs on Universe PDF, Important Objective Questions with answers from the universe and our solar system. General knowledge short questions from the solar system and universe.