Mauryan Empire Objective GK Question Answer
[MCQ Set 2] Mauryan Empire > GK Question Answer:This is the Second set of Multiple choice Questions from Maurya Empire. All these MCQs are very important for the upcoming examinations like Banking, CGL, SSC, MTS, CHSL, Railway etc.
Now lets try to answer the following Questions below.
1. Who introduced Meghasthenese as an ambassador to come India?
A: Seleucus Nikator
B: Greek King Alexander
C: The Afghans
D: King Puru
2. What is the name of the book of Meghasthenese had written?
3. The literal meaning of ‘Ashoka’ is –
A: Bereft of sadness
B: Great King
C: Beloved of God
Bereft of sadness
4. Personal name of Ashoka mentions in which edicts?
B: Junagarh edict
C: Hatigumpha edict
D: Kalinga edict
5. To whom the title ‘Devanam Priya’ was given?
C: Chandragupta Maurya
6. On some inscriptions, Ashoka referred as –
7. Which region was not the part of Ashoka empire?
8. From which inscriptions we get the information of Ashoka’s Kalinga war?
A: Girnar Inscriptions
B: Minor rock edict
C: Hatigumpha inscription
D: Junagarh Inscirption
9. Sarnth’s Lion Capital is attributed to –
B: Chadragupta Maurya
10. Which picture does not observed on Sarnath Pillar?
11. ‘Dhamma’ word come from which language?
12. What was the function of ‘Rajukas’ ?
[ CDS 1992 NDA 2003]
A: Administrations of justice
B: Tax collector
C: A Priest
Administration of justice.