Important Points + Facts about Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh Important facts, point, and general knowledge (GK) for any upcoming competitive government job examination such as UPSC, IAS, Civil Service, Railway, Banking, SSC, CGL, Defense, etc.
Initially, Chhattisgarh was an integral part of Madhya Pradesh. However, in the year 2000, it was split from Madhya Pradesh. Chhattisgarh is the 10 largest state of India. It is the sixteenth most populated state in India.
In the 7th century BC, Hieun Tsang, a Chinese Scholar, and traveler visited here. Dalai Lama has visited this place also.
Saba Anjum Karim, Teejan Bai, Anupama Bhagwat, Shekhar Sen, etc are some famous personalities of this state of India. Kankerghati National Park, Indravati National Park, Kanger Valley National Park, etc with large forest areas mountain hills make this state rich biodiversity. local famous dance such as Saila Dance, Karma, Sua Nacha makes the state culture-rich.
Around 70 percent of the “Kend” leaf or “Tendu” leaf is produced here, these leaves are used to make “Biri” – a smoking thing just like a cigarette made of leaves. Around 15% of the total steel of India produced in Chhattisgarh. Around 80% of area hare is covered by forest and mountain or hills.
# Notable Points of Chhattishgarh
|Formation||The formation date of Chattisgarh is 1st November 2000 as the 26th state.|
|Area||The total area of this state is 135000 square km.|
|Population||According to census 2011, the total population of Chattisgarh is 29,000,000.|
|Chief Minister||Bhupesh Baghel|
|No of District||28|
|Airports||Swami Vivekananda Airport located in the district of Raipur.|
|GDP||USD 51 billion. Holding GDP rank 17th in India.|
|Legislature||Unicameral (90+1 seats)|
|Lok Sabha Seat||11|
|State Song||Arpa Pairi Ke Dhar|
|State animal||Wild Asian Buffalo|
|State Bird||Hill Myna|
|State Flower||Rhynchostylis gigantea|
|Known For/As||Chhattisgarh is known as “Rice Bowl of India“. In ancient times, it was known as Dakshina Kosala (South Kosala).|
|Famous dance||There are 8 Traditional Folk Dances of Chhattisgarh. These are Saila Dance, Karma, Sua Nacha, Pandavani, Panthi Dance, Jhirliti, and Gendi.|
|Famous Temples||Maa Bamleshwari Devi, Mahamaya Temple, Chandrahasini Devi Temple, Banjari Mata Mandir etc.|
|Important Tribes||Gond, Abuj Maria, Bison Horn Maria, Muria, Halba, Dhurvaa, Kol, karba etc,|
|Important River||Mahanadi, Ganga, Godavari, and Narmada. Mahanadi is the biggest river in this state.|
|Mountains or Hills||Baila Dila, Kailash Nagar, Maikal Hills, Dongargarh|
|Highest Peak||The highest named peak in Chhattisgarh is Gaurlata with the elevation of 1225 m (4019 ft)|
|Important Dams||Dudhawa Dam, Gangrel Dam, Hasdeo Bango Dam, Kherkatta Reservoir, Murrum Silli Dam. Sondur Dam.|
|Important Power plants||Avantha Korba West Power Station, DBPL Baradarha Thermal Power Station |
|Industries||steel, aluminum, cement, thermal power, mining|
|Minerals||Precious stones & diamonds, iron ore, coal, limestone, dolomite, tin ore, bauxite, and gold.|
|Agriculture||The main crops are rice, maize, Kodo-kutki, and other small millets and pulses; oilseeds, such as groundnuts, soybeans, and sunflowers, are also grown. Kodo Millet is used as Life Saving Medicine in Chhattisgarh.|
|Lakes||The most prominent lakes of Chhattisgarh, Arpa, Kodar, Jhumka, Banki, and Kodar, are spread throughout the condition in different regions. Other important lakes are Budhapara Lake, Budha Talab, Telibandha Talab Lake, Maharajabandh Lake, etc. Budha Talab, which literally means old lake or aged pond, is amongst the largest lakes in the city of Raipur. Dalpat Sagar Lake is the biggest artificial lake in the state.|
|National Parks||Indravati National Park, Kanger Valley National Park, Guru Ghasi Das National Park are famous in this state.|
# Other Facts of Chhattisgarh
- Kosa sild a variety of Tussar silk. It is famous in the world for its texture and hue and is produced in Kobra and Champa in Chattisgarh from cocoons on Arjun, sal, and Saja tree.
- Chhattisgarh is one of the states with a majority of tribal population. Schedule caste and schedule tribes have taken together for 50% of the population.
- Motorcycle ambulance is being used to save lives of people who lie in remote areas of Chhatisgarh where an ambulance cannot reach. so far it has saved the lives of more than 200 pregnant women.
- Chitrakoot falls is a horseshoe-shaped waterfall in Batsar district. It is known as, “The Niagara of India” as it appears wider due to its structure.
- Bhoramdeo temple located in Kabir Dham district was built around the 11th century by Nagwanshi. Due to its erotic sculptures, it is also called the Khajuraho of Chhattisgarh.
- Official Website of Chhattisgarh: cgstate.gov.in
Download Chhattisgarh important Points Fact GK PDFSave As PDF
- Important Facts and Points about Madhya Pradesh
- Important Facts and points about Andhra Pradesh
- Important Facts and Points about Bihar