Important Current Affairs Second Week February 2017
All the current affairs of second week February 2017 are very important for the competitive examinations like CGL, SSC, MTS Railway, Banking, Post Office and other. So revise these questions at least three times in a month.
1. Recently in February, which village adopted by cricketer Sachin Tendulkar for transformation under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana?
Donja village is situated in Maharashtra state of India. 4 crore rupees amount form parliament will be spent for developing of a new school building, water supply in this village.
2. The first floating elementary school for drop outs has been inaugurated in which state of India?
Description: The name of the school is Loktak Elementary Floating School. It opened under an initiative of All Loktak Lake.
3. India-origin woman _______ will become the third women after Kalpana Chwla and Sunita Williams to go into space in 2018.
Answer: Shawna Pandya
4. The Mission XI launched by sports ministry on February 10, 2017 aims to promote which sports?
5. Who is the newly elected President of institute of Chartered Account of India (ICAI)?
Answer: Nilesh Vikamsey
6. Name the chairman of Toshiba Corporation who stepped down on February 15, 2017 facing multi-billion dollars loss of the company?
Answer: Shigenori Shiga
7. With which country, the Union Cabinet on February 8, 2017 approved signing a MoU cooperation in the field of health and medicine?
Answer: Senegal disease surveillance, medical research, Emergency Relief, Hospital management, drugs etc areas would be under this MoU.
8. Which bank has tied up with fertilizer major IFFCO on February 7, 2017 to launch co-branded debit cards for farmers and promote cashless payment in rural area?
Answer: Bank of Baroda.
9. Who was appointed as the first women foreign secretary of Pakistan on February 13, 2017?
Answer: Tehmina Janjua.
She replaced the outgoing foreign secretary Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry and she is the 29th foreign secretary and first women secretary of Pakistan.
10. Which movie has won the best film award at the 2017 BAFTA awards?
Answer: La La land;
This movie won total five awards. Full form of BAFTA is British Academy Film Awards.
11. Which of the given survey class vessels of Indian Navy has become the first ship to be installed with solar power system?
Answer: INS Sarvekshak
12. A new bird species Fufous-Tailed Rock Thrush has recently been discovered in which country?
This is an autumn passage migrant bird species in Pakistan and India found in high mountainous region of Nepal.
13. Which singer has been roped in by the United Nations Office on Drugs to campaign against human trafficking under the project ‘Blue Heart Campaign”?
Answer: Satinder Sartaj
14. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) on February 10, 2017?
Answer: Memant Bhargava
15. India’s first Jet Engine Series is being indigenously developed by Poeir Jets Pvt Ltd in which cities?
16. India has recently signed MoU with which country to ease restrictions on number of scheduled flights?
Answer: United Kingdom
17. When the international day of women and girls in Science observed?
Answer: February 11.
18. Government aims to establish 3000 Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras across India by which year?
19. Who is the president of football governing body FIFA?
Answer: Gianni Infantion
20. India defeated which country to win the T20 World Cup for Blind tournament on February 12, 2017?
21. Ms. Narinder Chauhan, has been appointed as the next Ambassador to which country?
22. Which Indian Institute of Technology is starting the country’s first inter-disciplinary school on Quality and Reliability?
23. Which Indian batsman has become the first in the World score a 300 in a T20 match on February 7, 2017?
Answer: Mihit Ahlawat
24. Name the veteran scriptwriter famous for the British comedy series “Hancock’s Haof Hour” and “Steptoe and Son” who died on February 8, 2017 at the age of 87?
Answer: Alan Simpson
25. Which city is hosting India’s first ever International Table Tennis Federation world tour event?
Answer: New Delhi
26. Which Indian state has become the first to introduce cashless system for Public Distribution system of food grains?
27. The two day UNESCO Natural Heritage Festival 2017 was held in which state?
Answer: Himachal Pradesh
28. The Hisdustan Motors have signed a deal with French firm Peugeot to sell its car brand “Ambassador” for Rs__________?
Answer: 80 crore.
29. Which country has launched the world’s first Braille Atlas for visually impaired persons?
30. The single entrance examination for admission in all engineering and architecture colleges for undergraduate courses will be effective from which year?