What is the The Background of Delhi Sultanate?
- First Muslim Mohammad Bin Qasim invaded India in 712 AD and conquered Sindh.
- First Turk invasion in India by Mahmud of Ghazni. He began a series of seventeen raids into Northwestern India at the end of 10th century. His sixteenth expedition was the plunder of Somnath Temple now in Gujarat in 1026 AD.
- Second Turk invasion by Mohammad Ghori in 1175 AD, which was successful. It is considered that Ghori is the real founder of Muslim Empire of India.
- First Battle of Tarin: Prithviraj Chauhan Vs. Mohammad Ghori. Winner was Prithviraj.
- Second battle of Tarin: In the second battle of Tarin, Ghori defeated Prithviraj and capture Delhi and Ajmer. Therefore he led the foundation of Muslim Rule in India.
- Battle of Chhandwar: Ghori Vs. Jaichand, the ruler of Kannuj in 1194. Ghori defeated Jaichand.
- The Ghori’s commander, Bakhtiyar Khalji destroyed Nalanda and Vidramshila Universities.
- Qutub-Ud-Din Aibak who was the in charge of Ghori served his links with Ghazni and asserted his independence.
Now try to answer these questions.
Q.1 > Who was considered the real founder of Muslim Empire in India?
A: Mohammad Ghori B: Mahmud of Ghazni C: Qutub-Ud-Din Aibak
Answer: Mohammad Ghori
Q.2 > First battle of Tarain fought between Ghori and ____.
A: Prithviraj B> Raja Bhoje C> Pulakesin-2 D> Rajendra Chole
Read Also : Gupta Dynasty – General Knowledge
Q.3 > Who own the first battle of Tarian?
A: Ghori, B> Bakthiyar Khalji C> No one D> Prithviraj
Q.4 > Who own the second battle of Tarain?
Q.5 > Who write Tahqiq-i-Hind?
A> firdausi B> Alberuni C> Fa-Hien D> Utbi
Read Also : General Knowledge MCQ/Quiz Test On Vedic Culture
Q.6 > Who destroyed the Somnath Temple?
A> Ghori B> Mahmud C> Bin Qasim D> Balban
Answer> Muhammad Bin Qasim
Q.7 > Who destroyed Nalanda and Vikramshila?
Answer: Bakhtiyar Khalji.
Q.8 > Alberuni came to India in —
A> 9th Century B> 10th Century C> 11th century D> 12th century
Answer> 11th Century