Advent of European in India General Knowledge Objective MCQs
1. When did Vasco-da-Gama reached Calicut in the Western coast of India?
2. Vasco-Da-Gama was welcomed in Calicut by which Indian ruler?
D: Alauddin Khalji
3. The first Portuguese Governor of India was
A: Robert Clive
C: F.D Alamida
Study Notes: History> The Advent of Europeans in India
4. Which Portuguese Governor defeated Arabs and Egyptians at Daman and Due island of India?
A: F.D Almaida
C: Lord Hesting
D: sir Adam Fransisco
5. Name of the person who laid foundation for Portuguese in India?
B: F.D Almaida
C: Lord Minto
D: R.s Ridique
6. Portuguese captured Goa in
7. The H.Q of Portuguese in India for trade was
D: Daman & Due
8. In which year the Dutch East India Company established in India?
9. The first trading center of Dutch East India company in India was established in –
10. The H.Q of Dutch in India was in –
11. Dutch shifted their head quarter to Nagapatnam from-
12. The trading center of Danes was at –
13. Danish make head quarter in india in which city?
14. When English East India company was established in India?
15. Captain Hawkins was sent to which court to get permission for trading?
16. Sir Thomas Roe was sent to Jahangir court in which year?
17. British East India company established their settlement in which year?
18. Which Indian sultan give the permission to English to build factory?
A: Bijapur Sultan
B: Golkonda Sultan
C: Bhagalpur Sultan
D: Bajirao Sultan
19. St. George Fort built in which city of India in 1641?
20. Who was the founder of French East India company in India (1669)?
B: Robert Hook
21. The French head quarter in India was situated in which city?
22. Which country started first trade with India?
23. Vasco-Da-Gama died in India. What is the name of this city?
24. Who was the first ambassador of East India Company visited to India?
A: Captain Michelson
B: Captain Hawkins
C: Captain James
D: None of these
25. Which European was last to India for trading purpose?